2D+Dynamic 4D-HD Live Packages
HD LIVE Description
Orange 4d= Standard 4d, Skin Tone/ bluish background= Dynamic 4D, Natural Skin Tone/black background -HD Live
4D (live) scans display live imaging of foetal gestures and facial expressions. Images are portrayed with realistic depth and perspective so that baby’s actions (waving, blinking, swallowing, kicking) can be viewed at that moment. 4D Dynamic (new) allocates skin tone and a background colour to give a more natural and realistic image. The wall of the womb, placenta and cord are also allocated a different colour so that they are seen as separate structures. Dynamic 4d has post processing tools to further edit and optimise. This improves success even with a “shy” baby. Standard 4D is still available.
When is the ideal time for a 4D Ultrasound Scan?
4D Ultrasound scans are performed any time from 10 weeks. The timing depends on what stage of development the parents would like to view their baby. Its always a good idea to start scanning earlier and follow through to later stages. Early pregnancy scans demonstrates full body foetal views with detailed bony anatomy and movement. As the pregnancy progresses, images will display separate views of the face, legs, arms, gender etc. The layers of muscle and fatty tissue increases in thickness and facial character becomes more evident. Babies are often seen yawning, blinking, waving and swallowing. 3rd Trimester 4D Scans display a striking resemblance to the baby at birth. The best images are obtained when there is sufficient fluid and no obscuring structures causing image distortion. Clarity depends on position, not really the stage. If the baby chooses to hide, many techniques will be performed to try and change position. Baby’s performance is unpredictable so ideal images can never be guaranteed.
Guideline: 12-15 weeks, 16-20 weeks, 20-26 weeks, 26 weeks-30 weeks, 30 weeks-34 weeks,34 weeks-38 weeks.
Start 4D Scans early and follow up in 4D later – It’s best!
What is the difference between 2D, 3D and 4D scans?
-2D scans are black and white scans capable of seeing the baby’s bone structure as well as soft tissue. Measurements, gender and abnormalities can be detected with 2D scans but a trained eye is necessary. The scan is also real-time so that movement can be viewed.
-3D reconstructions are 3 scanning planes which is able to map the foetus with incredible detail producing lifelike images which are easily recognized. It adds texture and shadows bringing the image to life. 3D is outdated technology and 4D has replaced it.
-4D scan adds real-time to 3D so that movement of baby is observed. 4D is a valuable adjunct to 2D and will never replace 2D scans. Abnormalities noted on 2D should be confirmed with 4D technology.
– Dynamic 4D– Allocates a skin colour to the baby while allocating a different background colour to give you total reality of the womb and baby. This is the latest in foetal imaging and is exclusive to ULTRASOUNDSCAN4D. Standard 4D still available.
Like all ultrasounds, the clarity of the images obtained is dependent on certain technical factors:
- The baby’s position
- The amount of fluid surrounding the baby (needs to be sufficient)
- The position of the placenta
- The mother’s weight (not a problem with dynamic 4d)
Please dress for easy access to your tummy. Do not wear buckles or sharp objects. The underwear needs to be very low in order to reach the baby. Please consider when asking guests to accompany you. Don’t eat or drink sugary foods beforehand as this can make the baby hyperactive. We can perform various techniques to get baby moving. It is always better to start 4D Scans in earlier stages where optimal images are easier to achieve. Follow up scans later in 4D will display remarkable changes in development. Success rate is high even at later stages but baby is limited in the range of movement.
Early ultrasound pregnancy scans demonstrates “full body” foetal views with detailed bony anatomy and movement (12-18 weeks). Most of the baby can be seen on one picture and one can appreciate the beauty of the entire baby, its activities and the womb.
Mid-Trimester (19-27 weeks) display more soft tissue and muscle development and distinct features begin to show.
3rd Trimester 4D Scans (28 weeks +) display a striking resemblance to the baby at birth. Images display separate views of the face, arms/hands, legs/feet. If the baby chooses to hide many techniques may be performed to try and change position.
At any stage babies are often seen waving, yawning, blinking and swallowing.
4D-HD Scans are combined with a 2D Scan. Images are obtained from changing between 2D and 4D-HD mode. Diagnostic work is carried out in 2D and 4D. The amount of time spent in 4D Mode depends on favourability of foetal position.
R950 incl. Dynamic 4D or standard 4D (+ R100 – Twins) Anomaly +R100
R1100- HD Live Package -NEW (very realistic image with skin tone and depth) Anomaly +R100
R1150/R1250 EDGARS/JET/BOARDMANS/LEGIT/RED SQUARE on account. Anomaly +R100
Features (Exclusive to our system)
- Detailed 2D/4D/HD Anatomy screening (incl. Obstetric Report)
- Foetal Measurements and Due Date
- Gender screening (position dependent)
- Elective Dynamic//HD Live- Live
- Diagnostic report
- Live DVD – Live recording of the scan (entire session) with heartbeat audio track.
- Postcard Colour Photograph- High quality gloss photo film (Dynamic/HD Live images are impressive)
USB (8GB) – R100.00 or CD -R50.00 (advised for saved images- for reprints, enlargements, gender reveal/stork party)
Extra photo- R30.00
Angel Heart Teddy Bear -( R350)- Record baby’s heartbeat- can re-record baby’s voice after birth.
Maternity photo shoot for R700– 3 postcard prints. 15-25 photos on a USB. Bring props or use ours.
(Big screen TV, up to 6 people allowed, no cell phone recording- toddlers and disruptive kids not advised)
NB. Anomaly scans are preferable in 4D. Like us on (Facebook- ultrasoundscan4d) for news & special offers on 4D Scans
See “Terms & Conditions’/Questions & Answers” for info.
According to safety regulations, actual scan time remains between 15-20 minutes.
We have a 99.9% success rate. If the face cannot be seen, you will still see images of other parts baby. Where we cannot achieve any images at all, a no charge appointment will be set up for another try. This applies if no images of the face was obtained at all and the sonographer agrees that there will be benefit in a second try.
Are ultrasound scans safe?
- Ultrasound is safe, affordable, non-invasive and uses no ionizing radiation or light but rather high frequency waves which neither mum or baby can hear.
- Ultrasound generates heat (than 1 degree centigrade) which is absorbed by the body tissue. Long scanning times can raise tissue temperatures and cause potential harm. We adhere to the ALARA principle (as low as reasonably achievable) in time, scanning technique as well as machine output settings to achieve benefit rather than risk. With these rules, scans can be done every single day!
When is the earliest time to determine gender?
Gender is theoretically determined from 13 weeks and confirmed from 14 weeks
Technical factors that play a role: We do have a 99% success rate.
- Foetal position- naturally we need a good view of the “area”. Most baby’s do cooperate.
- Low amniotic fluid.
- 2D + Dynamic 4D Scans (from 12 weeks)
- Early Pregnancy Confirmation Scan (6-10 weeks)
- Nuchal Translucency Scan (11-14 weeks)
- Pregnancy Scan (14-18 weeks)
- Anomaly Pregnancy Scans (19-24 weeks)
- Foetal Growth Scans (25 – 36 Weeks)
- Foetal Well-being Scans (36 – 40 Weeks)
- Medical Scans
- Gynaecological (Pelvic) Scans
- Infertility Scans
- Abdominal Scans
- Breast Scans
- Emergency Scans
- Muscles & Joints Scans
- Testicular & Prostate Scans
- Thyroid Gland Scans
- Doppler Scans
- General Information
- Pregnancy & Medical Scans (Information)
- Ultrasound Pregnancy Questions & Answers
- Terms and Conditions
- Medical Centre Directions
- Location & Directions
- Book Your Scan Here
- Thank You