Early Pregnancy Confirmation Scan (6-10 weeks)
The first three months of pregnancy can be very concerning for many women, therefore an early ultrasound pregnancy scans provides expectant mums with an opportunity to gain peace of mind and reassurance. A confirmation scan is of dire necessity in order to assess the status of the pregnancy and rule out early complications.
Confirmation of the pregnancy occurs between 5-10 weeks of your pregnancy calculated from the 1st day of the last period. The gestational sac is visible at 5 weeks and the embryo with heartbeat at 6 weeks.
* The embryo resembles a coffee bean and the foundation for all organs and structures are in place.
* The embryo measures about 4cm and averages 13g in weight.
* Nail beds, taste buds and tear ducts are forming.
We recommend that you drink between 3-4 glasses of water or liquid approximately one hour before your ultrasound scan. A full bladder provides a window to the pelvic organs and improves image quality.
The sonographer will check the location of the gestational sac, size of the embryo and if present-baby’s heartbeat. She will also assess the position of the uterus, presence of single or multiple pregnancies, and confirm your expected due date. The 2D scan is an external trans-abdominal scan but it may be necessary to perform a vaginal scan (internal) if the pregnancy is very early. Results are immediate and a written report will be given to you to take to your doctor, midwife or clinic.
We calculate your expected due date by comparing the first day of your last menstrual period with specific measurements of the foetus by measuring the distance from the top of the head (crown) to the bottom of the body (rump).These two usually correlate with each other.
See “QUSESTIONS and ANSWERS” and “TERMS & CONDITIONS” for additional information.
2D R650- (5-14weeks)+ Live DVD- R50
- Single/ Multiple gestational sac at 5weeks,
- Embryo measurement and heartbeat at 6-10 weeks,
- Cervical length
- Investigation of pelvic pain or bleeding,
- Exclude ectopic pregnancy (abnormal implantation site) and early complications.
- Estimated due Date
- Examination of the uterus and ovaries.
Follow-up scan is the 11-14 week Downs Syndrome Sca
- 2D + Dynamic 4D/HD Scans
- Early Pregnancy Confirmation Scan (6-10 weeks)
- Nuchal Translucency Scan (11-14 weeks)
- Pregnancy Scan (14-18 weeks)
- Anomaly Pregnancy Scans (19-24 weeks)
- Foetal Growth Scans (25 – 36 Weeks)
- Foetal Well-being Scans (36 – 40 Weeks)
- Medical Scans
- Gynaecological (Pelvic) Scans
- Infertility Scans
- Abdominal Scans
- Breast Scans
- Emergency Scans
- Muscles & Joints Scans
- Testicular & Prostate Scans
- Thyroid Gland Scans
- Doppler Scans
- General Information
- Pregnancy & Medical Scans (Information)
- Ultrasound Pregnancy Questions & Answers
- USEFUL INFORMATION
- Medical Centre Directions
- Location & Directions
- Book Your Scan Here
- Thank You